Every man has a penis, and if you’ve seen many penises in your life, you know that some are bigger than others; some also look much different than others. What type of penis do you have? What influences your penis’ shape and size?
These are all questions that men have.
Let’s look at the different penis shapes and sizes to try and figure out what type of penis you have.
Understanding The Different Types of Penises
There are four main types of penises:
- Big Head: Some men, around 20% according to some studies, will have a penis where the head is thicker and bigger than the penis shaft.
- Big Shaft: The opposite of the big head, the big shaft has a thicker shaft than a penis head. The head of the penis is smaller than the shaft with this penis type.
- Curved: Studies show that 10% – 20% of men have what’s considered a “curved” penis. This curvature is a slight upward curve and the bend is slight, often just a 10-degree bend that’s north-facing.
- Bender: A “bender” penis shape is a penis that is quite distinct and is often a sign that the man has Peyronie’s disease. Extreme curvatures occur with this penis type where the curvature can be 30 – 60 degrees in some cases.
And there are a few common reasons for the different penis shapes and sizes. There’s also the myth of shoe size and penis size being concrete – it’s not always true. There are a lot of questions people have about penis shapes and sizes. We’re going to cover a few.
Top 3 Penis Shapes and Size Questions
1. Is Penis Size Related to Height?
Penis size and height – is there any correlation? Ask different women, and they’ll all tell you different stories. There was a study conducted in 2001 in Italy that looked at over 3,000 subjects to try and find a correlation between height and penis size.
The participants in the study had their penis measured when it was:
The penis’ circumference was also measured. All of the participants were also weighed and measured to maintain proper records of different variables between men.
The study found that:
- Size correlates with weight
- Size correlates with height
It makes sense that a man with a thicker penis is likely heavier but that is not always the case.
2. Does Shoe Size and Penis Size Have Any Correlation?
We’ve all heard it before: big shoes, big penis. The problem is that this doesn’t always match up. In fact, the rumor became so prominent that a hospital in Britain decided to determine if shoe size had anything to do with penis size.
The study, conducted in London, convinced 104 men to join the study, with the men having their penis stretched, pulled and measured.
Of course, all men had their shoe sizes measured.
There was a big debate on how the study would be conducted because the way that penises are measured can vary. A big discussion over the temperature in the room also commenced. It was a study to remember – that’s for sure.
Ultimately, a standard for measuring size was formulated, and the researchers also decided to keep all participants warm to ensure that “shrinkage” didn’t occur.
While the study provided numerous obstacles, one thing was certain:
- Shoe size and penis size have no correlation
3. Do Tall Guys Have Bigger Willies?
Those super tall guys must be hung like a horse, right? I mean, we’re talking about guys that are really tall; you know, the basketball players of the world, or people who have a similar stature and height.
There’s also the other extreme: very short men.
What about these individuals?
Either end of the spectrum seems to correlate to penis size to some extent. A study that delved deeper into the matter found that:
- Men under 5’8” often have smaller penises
- Men 6’0” or taller often have larger penises
Correlation between height, when it’s in the extreme ranges, seems to play a role in penis size. It makes sense that a 7’0” male would have a larger penis since all of his limbs and appendages have grown at rapid rates
4. What Determines Penis Size?
So, let’s put all of this together to get a better understanding of why certain people have different penis shapes and sizes than others.
- Extreme heights, whether it be shorter or taller, will have some correlation to the size of a person’s penis. A person with an abnormally tall stature is likely to have a larger penis than the person who is abnormally short.
- Height, to some extent, does have validity when judging penis size.
- Weight does have an impact on the overall girth or circumference of the penis. A man who is heavier is more likely to have a thicker penis than a man who is fit or skinny.
As we’ve discussed, the myth that shoe size is a good indicator of a man’s penis size is just that – a myth.
If you’re truly concerned about your penis size, there are a few things to remember:
- Every person is different
- Genetics play a role in penis size
- Not all studies are 100% correct or valid
Some studies on penis size have such a small sample size that it’s unrealistic to put any validity behind their claims. You need to consider studies with a larger sample sizing to reduce the room for error.
5. What’s the Average Penis Size Anyway?
If you’re really stuck on the logistics of things, it’s time to take a deep breath and remember that it’s more how you use it than how big it is. There’s a lot of talk about averages, and a few of the key statistics that you’ll need to remember are:
- Erect penises average 5.17 inches in length
- Flaccid penises average 3.61 inches in length
- Stretched penises average 5.21 inches in length
So, if you’re in the 5-inch or longer range, you’re average. And there’s nothing wrong with being average. A lot of people are under the assumption that a penis must be 6 inches, 7 inches or some wild number to be good enough.
This isn’t the truth.
But it’s understandable to want to have a larger member. A lot of women prefer thicker penises than longer ones, but both do provide a higher level of pleasure during sex.
Girth averages were a little surprising, and remember: weight does play a role in a person’s overall girth. If you’re on the skinner side, chances are that you’ll have a smaller girth. That’s not an issue for most people, but thickness does equate to higher pleasure for the woman.
Averages in terms of girth are:
- Erect penises have an average girth of 4.59 inches
- Flaccid penises have an average girth of 3.67 inches
If you’re wondering what the difference between a stretched and erect penis is, it’s not much. The stretched penis may be slightly longer, but it’s such a small difference that it really doesn’t matter.
Stretching the penis will give you a rather decent indicator of what your erect penis size will be.
What Are Legit Options For Increasing Your Size?
There are a few treatment methods that may be incorporated to extend the individual’s penis size are:
- Hormone treatment
- Penis enhancement devices
Penises have a lot of variables that are behind their size and shape. Because it’s hard to measure and study all of these variables, no study is 100% accurate or gives all the details. Genetics, for example, play a major role in penis size.
But even if your father, grandfather and great grandfather all had 10” penises, this doesn’t mean that you’ll have a 10” penis. You may have suffered from malnutrition or other environmental resources that caused your penis to be smaller.
Penis size influences should be less of a concern for you than what you can do to make your penis bigger. You can use extenders, lose weight, stretch the penis, jelq or a number of other things to enhance your penis size.